You can send comments to the Board of Clark County Commissioners here: http://www.clark.wa.gov/planning/2016update/comments.html
Here is a sample letter you can copy and paste:
Dear Board of Clark County Commissioners,
I want Clark County to be farmer friendly and have policies that help increase the amount of Clark County grown food.
Please consider Slow Food Southwest Washington’s Grow Clark County recommendations that propose policy to be added to the Clark County Comprehensive Plan, which would conserve farmland and develop the farm economy.
Grow Clark County Recommendations
1. Transfer of Development Rights (TDR)
2. Conservation Easements and Purchase of Development Rights (PDR)
3. Agricultural Production Districts
1. Support procurement policies that favor local and regional food sourcing of healthy food in city/county services, at events and by emergency food providers. Encourage purchase of local and regional consumer goods in city operations and in the private sector.
2. Promote agricultural support businesses and markets through favorable land use regulations, permit processes, and assistance with market development.
3. Identify and help develop commercial and light industrial land to increase food processing, storage and distribution capacity.
4. Explore co-locating processing, wholesale distribution, and retail sales through food hubs.
5. Encourage development of community/commissary kitchens as entrepreneurial space.
6. Support of “Buy Local” marketing campaigns to promote and enhance agriculture throughout the cities and county.
How you can help: